Now that vacation season is finally here, it’s time for a refresher on how to pack, but not over pack.
We know that everyone wants to feel prepped for any occasion on their trip but let’s be honest, who wants to lug around a huge suitcase? And what about those surprise fees if your bag is over 50 pounds?! Ask yourself a few of these questions first: What’s the weather going to be like? Are there any formal events happening? What kind of activities will you be doing? Is there room to reuse any outfit pieces? The answers to these simple questions should help you rule out those few unnecessary things we love to pack.
- Don’t underestimate the power of planning ahead. Make a list of all activities you’ll be doing each day on your trip and coordinate the bare essentials that go with them. Start with the basics: socks, a pair of shorts, a dress for a formal event, a cover up for chilly evenings, mix and match swimsuit pieces, and so on. Staying true to this list will help you avoid any rambling through your closet last second.
- Do be reasonable. Obviously you’re going to pack your tooth brush, face wash, shampoo and conditioner, and so on. But do you really need ten tops for a five day trip? Definitely not.
- Don’t forget to pack your basic accessories. A cute belt or a necklace that can go with multiple outfits is a win-win! You also can’t go wrong with packing a pair of neutral sandals that go together with any outfit, so you don’t have to over pack on the shoe side of things.
- Do stock up in your carry-on bag. Be sure to pack a lightweight wallet, your favorite pair of sunglasses, headphones, and maybe a good read. Who knows how long those layovers will last?
- Don’t forget to leave that little bit of extra room in your suitcase for all those extra things we all know we end up coming back with from vacation. I don’t know about you, but I can’t remember the last time I came back from a trip with the same amount of things I left with.
- Do visit Four Sisters Boutique before you head off onto vacation! We’ve got all of your vacation necessities whether it’s a fun flowy dress, a cute new necklace, or your new favorite hat!
Maggie & Eve